Life Insurance, also known as Life Assurance and Term Insurance, pays out a lump sum in the event of the policy holder’s death or being diagnosed as terminally ill. The classic argument to avoid life insurance tends to be, “If I die, I won’t need the money” True, but your family, your business or your favourite charity might! So if you have any dependents, human or otherwise, life insurance should be considered.
Please note that there is no ‘cash in value’ at any time. If the premiums cease to be paid prior to the term end or the policy holder survives to the end of the plan term of cover then no money will be returned.
Things to consider when taking out life insurance include:
- What length of policy should be chosen
- Should a single or joint life insurance policy be opted for
- What level of cover is needed
- Is it necessary for the policy to cover any outstanding mortgage
- Who should receive the benefit
- Should the policy be placed in a Trust
Whether looking to provide a financial safety net for loved ones, moving house or are a first time buyer looking to arrange mortgage life insurance – or simply wanting to add some cover to what you have already got – contact us and we will assist you in choosing the right type of cover to suit your needs.